|Business/Attraction Open/Closed Status Report & Events (Business, Sports, Festivals) Status||DVBIA|
Vancouver Attractions Group
|Database that show business/attraction status changes.|
Recovery and data analytics on future events (when, size, format etc). Liaise with Event Sector industry group to help add content and feedback to your sub committee to report to the Recovery group?
How/where will this be communicated?
|Municipal Economic Liaison||Tourism Richmond|
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden
City of Richmond
District of West Vancouver
|Liaison between recovery plans for the tourism sector in Metro Vancouver with broader economic recovery plans in Metro Vancouver and its member municipalities.||Report back as developments occur.|
|Community Advocacy for Tourism||Tourism Vancouver|
Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese
Vancouver Attractions Group
|Targeting local residents supporting the sector (they will be critical in becoming one of our biggest advocates!) and showing|
support for tourism entrepreneurs to get back in business (either with their business from before; or a new venture.)
|Ideas and a plan should be generated for an engagement strategy.|
Guiding Principles of the Demand Sub-Committee
- Be data and insight driven
- Compile useful, real-time, and relevant information for our task force members
- Work to increase the appeal of Metro Vancouver as a destination
OVERALL – our group seeks to INFORM and DIRECT our task force members with considerations for the tourism industry in the post covid world – as we move through the response phase and into what will be a gradual recovery over a number of years.
Demand sub-committeee outputs
- Data summary or rollup (available on a weekly basis) with insights on markets, travelers, and worldwide campaigns
- Positioning paper on setting Metro Vancouver up for success – based on the insights in section 1
Guiding Principles of the Supply Sub-Committee
- To support existing programs and organizations deployed in Metro Vancouver
- Identify accelerated recovery opportunities and gaps across Metro Vancouver
OVERALL – the supply subgroup aims to track the readiness of the Metro Vancouver communities and tourism businesses to adapt to the response phases. To identify pathways that will accelerate the readiness of the Metro Vancouver tourism ecosystem to supply services and experiences to meet demand.
Supply sub-committee task area outputs
- Data Summary Roll-up
- Business Status Information – open/closed/planned reopening
- Municipal Economic Development – ongoing updates as relevant regarding policy changes enabling business recovery across the region.
- Community Tourism Advocacy Engagement Campaign
- Business Readiness Toolkit & identification of emerging gaps.
- Labour workplace safety and restart readiness to be led by Go2Hr